Valio Eesti is a major local dairy company founded in 1992, which is producing and marketing fresh dairy and cheese products made of milk from mainly Central and South Estonian farms. Factories of Valio Eesti are located in Valmaotsa Village in Tartu County and in the City of Võru. Valio Eesti improves their product range annually, producing almost 300 different dairy and cheese products in total.
Dairy products of Valio Eesti can be found in Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Finland, USA, Italy, Germany, Cyprus and other European countries. On Estonian market, Valio is represented in major categories of dairy products: milk, kephir, cream, sour cream, yoghurt, curd cream, cottage cheese, cheese, fats and spreads. Outside Estonia, the company is operating mainly in the segments of cheese and functional fresh dairy products.
The products of Valio Eesti are produced in two factories located in South Estonia – Valio Laeva Dairy and Valio Võru Cheese Factory. Clean domestic milk with highest quality is the basis for creation of Valio Eesti products and quality guarantee. Our products do not contain synthetic food colouring agents, we minimise continuously the quantity of additives used in the products, and 98% of the product portfolio sold under Alma brand is preservative-free, and this percentage is constantly growing. All products produced by Valio Eesti pass thorough multi-stage quality control based on strict quality requirements of Valio before the sale phase, in order to ensure that only the best products would reach the consumers.
Business of the company is based on high-quality, healthy and tasty dairy products and satisfied consumers, cooperation partners and employees. This is also the core of the slogan:‘Making you feel good!’.
Operation of Valio Eesti is based on the quality management certificate ISO 9001, which was issued to the company already at the end of 2006. Laboratories of Valio Eesti follow ISO 17025 standards. We also monitor food safety, based on the HACCP (Hazard Analysis of Critical Control Points) system.
Several aspects ensure high quality of Valio Eesti products:
- Valio Eesti products are made only of high-quality controlled raw milk, originating mainly from Central and South Estonian farms.
- We check daily the quality of raw milk and ensure that the raw milk used in our products does not contain antibiotics.
- We purchase any additives used in our products only from certified suppliers approved by Valio.
- Our products are supervised from the beginning to the end -
- we know precisely the ingredients and origin of the additives used in our products
- raw milk used in the producs can be traced to the farms
- Quality control of the products is multi-stage and very thorough, including quality control from raw milk to the end product.
- We invest continuously into modernisation of production and raising of quality.
- We invest in the training and development of the skills of our workers.
Valio Eesti is operating in environment-friendly and sustainable way
Valio Eesti is the only dairy company in Estonia possessing the environmental certificate 14001.
This means that Valio Eesti AS has undertaken responsibility for the environment, purchasing technology that minimises environmental impact, ensuring sustainable use of raw materials and energy, and facilitating use of recoverable and energy-efficient packaging.
Valio as an employer
Valio Eesti is a major employer in the City of Võru and Tartu Rural Municipality. Although the management and support units of Valio Eesti are located in Tallinn, the majority of more than 460 members of the team of Valio Eesti are working in two production units located in Laeva, Tartu County, and the City of Võru, in Võru County. Both production units are among the major and most stable employers of Laeva and Võru, which can also be seen from the long service of the local employees - 9 years on the average.
Values of Valio: We make the best
- high-quality products based on the needs of consumers
- satisfied customer, consumer and cooperation partner
- motivated and well-educated staff*
- ethically and economically sustainable production