Valio Eesti AS holds ISO 9001 and 14001 certificates. Our quality policy is based on the following principles:
- We offer high quality, delicious, functional and fresh dairy products to the consumers every day;
- The entire value chain of the company from the farm to the store is managed in accordance with the requirements of the ISO 9001 management system standard.
Food safety is an extremely important part of our quality policy:
- We are committed to complying with good production practice and constantly develop our activities according to this practice;
- We use high quality raw milk obtained from healthy cattle and other premium raw materials;
- We produce high quality, clean and appropriate products safe for consumers in a hygienic production environment;
- We try to prevent potential risks that may threaten product hygiene or the operation of our production units;
- We monitor and develop food safety pursuant to the ISO 22 000 standard.
- Milk is the most important raw material of the dairy industry. The consistently high quality of raw milk is the most important aspect in guaranteeing the good taste and quality of our products. Valio Eesti buys raw milk only from approved suppliers who are able to guarantee the good quality of their raw milk. The company offers its suppliers consultancy services to help them maintain and improve the quality of raw milk.
We take responsibility for the environment by obtaining technologies that reduce environmental impact, using raw materials and energy sparingly and promoting the use of recyclable and energy-efficient packaging. In our purchasing activities, we cooperate with partners whose values and goals are in line with the environmental objectives of Valio Eesti. This operating principle means that we have to find a balance between the environment and our social and business goals.
Significant environmental goals of Valio Eesti AS:
- Reducing the quantity of wastewater and pollution load
- Sustainable use of water and energy
- Reducing municipal waste
Valio Eesti Võru Cheese Factory is Halal certificated
Since April 2019, Valio Eesti Võru Cheese Factory is Halal certificated and approved to produce Halal products according to the HFFIA Halala protocols.
These products are Halal and suitable for the Muslim consumers: Forte and Gran Regale hard cheese, Atleet Cheddar and Lacey Swiss cheese, also Regato and Cagliata cheeses and whey concentrate.
Valio Eesti AS has been awarded the international BRC Food Safety Certification
Valio Eesti Võru cheese plant underwent an audit of the prestigious international certification authority Bureau Veritas Certification and earned a certificate for food safety that considerably simplifies export sales.